Imagine you finally have space for all of your things. You can actually use your dining room table for dining instead of using it as a catch-all for bills, keys, and mail. Your home feels more inviting when company comes over because there is a place for everything and everything is in its place. Having extra space in your home can also be a selling point if you ever decide to put your house on the market.
There are many ways that you can add space to your home without having to move or make any additions to the physical structure of your house. Here are 8 ways to add space to your home:
- Convert a closet into a pantry: If you don’t have enough space in your kitchen for a pantry, converting a closet into one can be a great solution. This will give you extra space to store food and other kitchen supplies.
- Install shelves in your attic: If you have space in your attic, installing shelves can be a great way to add storage space. This is a good option if you don’t have a lot of closet space or if you need to store seasonal items.
- Add a Murphy bed: A Murphy bed is a bed that folds up into the wall when it’s not in use. This is a great way to add space to a small room.
- Use space dividers: Space dividers are a great way to add privacy to a room without taking up any extra space. They are also a great way to divide a large room into several
- Get a storage unit: If you have a lot of extra stuff, renting a storage unit can give you the extra space you need. This is a good option if you don’t have enough room in your home or if you need to keep your belongings safe and secure.
- Get rid of your TV stand: If you don’t have space for a TV stand, consider getting rid of it and mounting your TV on the wall instead, here is a 50 inch tv mount reviewed in detail. This will free up some space in your room.
- Use space-saving furniture: There are many pieces of furniture that are designed to save space. For example, you can get a coffee table with built-in storage or a daybed that can be used as a couch during the day and a bed at night.
- Get creative with your storage: There are many ways to use your space more efficiently. You can install hooks on the back of your door for coats and hats, or you can use a tension rod to create a clothes rack in your closet. You can also use baskets and bins to store toys, clothes, and other items.
If you’re feeling cramped in your home, there are many ways to add space. By using one or more of these tips from Porchedliving.com, you can create the extra space you need to feel comfortable and organized.