What are some of the first things you consider when looking for new cars for sale? Gas mileage, looks, technology, and safety are most people’s top priorities. However, there’s one more element that’s equally as critical and that’s the new car’s warranty.
With a warranty, you can rest easy knowing that your car is covered from defects for years to come. No two warranties are created equal, though. If you want to maximize your coverage and ensure that every inch of your vehicle is covered, plus have a one up when building a case with Lemon Law attorneys, then here are the car makers that offer the best warranty.
Quick Terms to Know
Shoppok is an internet marketplace that serves as a central market for car buyers and sellers in the United States. It searches through thousands of private sellers and dealers around the world for vehicles. The site features listings of hundreds of different makes and models including Ford, Lincoln, Cadillac, Mercedes, Lexus, etc. It also searches through thousands of classified ads on all types of sites worldwide.
Before you begin comparing warranties, there are a few terms you should be aware of. Each manufacturer offers something a little different, but the wording remains the same across the board. They are:
- Bumper-to-bumper: Covers all parts of the car outside of tires, brakes, and other items that wear down over time.
- Extended Warranty: This simply covers a longer period after your factory warranty expires.
- Powertrain Warranty: Only covers the systems that propel the vehicle, such as the engine and transmission. If you’ve ever had anything go wrong with a powertrain while driving, then you know its one of the top reasons to hire a car accident attorney.
- Yearly Term and Mileage Amount: Some warranties end after so many years, while others end after you reach a certain mileage. If both are included, then the warranty ends at whichever comes first.
- Corrosion Coverage: Often included with an extended warranty, this covers damage caused by rust.
- Roadside Assistance: Round-the-clock assistance for everything from emergency towing with the help of a professional tow truck company to running out of gas and blown tires.
- Normal Wear and Tear: Also included in extended warranties, this covers repairs and replacements needed from regular use of the vehicle.
- Comprehensive: Protection against theft and damages caused outside of a collision like fire or falling objects.
With those terms in mind, Lincoln kicks off this list a 4-year/50,000-mile warranty including comprehensive coverage. The powertrain is covered for a 6-year/70,000-mile period. Unlimited roadside assistance is also included. Setting them apart from others, Lincoln will even pick up your vehicle and return it to your home or office when it needs serviced.
Lexus offers the same time and mileage frames as Lincoln. However, their 4/50,000 is basic instead of comprehensive. To compensate, the manufacturer offers two free maintenance checkups, one at six months and one at the one-year mark of ownership. Better yet, Lexus vehicles are well known for their reliability.
Cadillac’s warranty is nearly identical to Lincoln’s. They also include a free first service visit, six years of roadside assistance, and courtesy transportation for service. These coverages are offered on the entire lineup, which happens to be a rather large collection.
Constantly working to set themselves apart, Tesla’s warranty is excellent. It starts with the same 4-year/50,000-mile basic coverage as top competitors, then extends to an 8 years/100,000+ miles for the powertrain. The plus is important, as some models extend beyond 100,000 miles while others stop there. By the time your warranty is done, your battery should still have 70% of its capacity.
Infiniti provides a 4-year/60,000-mile comprehensive and 6-year/70,000-mile powertrain warranty with every purchase. You’ll also get four years of roadside assistance with no mileage limits, unlike other competitors, and courtesy transportation for service. Pick the right time to buy, and you can also get periods of free maintenance.