Self storage is a great way to keep your belongings safe and secure, whether you’re moving homes or simply need some extra space. But it’s important to take security measures to ensure that your belongings are properly protected. Here are some security steps to take when using self storage:
- Use high-quality locks. You should always use a high-quality lock on your self storage unit, preferably one that is made of steel or another durable material. You may even want to visit sites like https://www.strongholdlocksmiths.com/locksmith-windsor/ to know more about how a mobile locksmith service can install multiple locks for extra security. Electronic Locksmith serves businesses in the hospitality industry and offers free technical support.
- Consider security features. When you’re looking at different self storage facilities, pay attention to security features like security gates, a security camera system installation, and on-site security guards. These features can help deter thieves and keep your belongings safe.
- Go during daytime hours. If possible, try to visit your storage unit during daylight hours. This will help you avoid any potential security risks.
- Don’t store anything valuable. If you wouldn’t leave it in your car, don’t store it in your self storage unit. Valuables like jewelry, cash, and important documents are best kept in a safe at home.
- Keep your unit locked. Even if the self storage facility has security features like security gates and security cameras, you should still keep your unit locked. A padlock is an inexpensive way to deter thieves and give yourself peace of mind. Go the extra mile with security by having a locksmith brickell miami change the locks.
- Don’t tell anyone about your self storage unit. The less people who know about it, the better. If you must tell someone, make sure it’s someone you trust implicitly.
- Store items in sturdy boxes. Sturdy boxes will help protect your belongings from damage and make them more difficult for thieves to steal.
- Label everything clearly. Labeling your boxes will help you stay organized and make it easier to find things when you need them. It’s also a good way to deter thieves, who are often looking for easy targets.
- Inform the facility of who has access. Most self storage facilities will require you to provide a list of people who have access to your unit. If someone else will be accessing your unit, make sure the facility knows about it and that this person has permission to do so.
- Protect your belongings with insurance. Most self storage facilities offer some form of insurance, but it’s always a good idea to check with your own insurance provider as well. That way, you can be sure that your belongings are fully protected in case of theft, damage, or natural disaster.
By following these security steps, you can rest assured that your belongings are safe and sound in your self storage unit. And if you’re looking for a secure self storage facility, be sure to check out Protection Self Storage. They offer state-of-the-art security features, including security gates, security cameras, and on-site security guards. Visit their website or give them a call at (435) 465-2900 today to learn more about their security features and how they can help you keep your belongings safe.