The multiplicative inverse of a number can be considered as one/number or number raised to power -1. It is also known as the reciprocal of that particular number and has been perfectly derived from the Latin language. The meaning of inverse will always be referring to the word opposite in the reciprocal of the number obtained in all these kinds of cases will be whenever multiplied by the original number the value will come out to be identified or one. Hence, in other words, the reciprocal and multiplicative inverse is considered to be the method of dividing a number by its own to generate the identity in the whole process.
The kids need to remember this particular area that whenever a number will be multiplied by its multiplicative inverse the resultant value will always be equal to 1 without any kind of problem. A very basic example of the multiplicative inverse is the 3 and 1/3 and whenever the people will be multiplying both of them the resultant will come out to be one. The multiplicative inverse of zero will be finite because 1/0 will always come out to be infinity and there will be no reciprocal for the number zero. On the other hand, the multiplicative inverse of number one will be one only without any kind of problem. It is also known as the reciprocal of the number and one is known as the multiplicative identity in the world of mathematics. Finding the multiplicative inverse of all the natural numbers is very easy but in the cases of real numbers and complex numbers, this particular process can become quite complex. It is also very much important for people to be clear about the multiplicative inverse property as well as the multiplicative inverse of the fraction so that there is no hassle at any point in time especially at the time of solving the questions.
Following are some of the very basic cases associated with the finding of the multiplicative inverse of a number:
- The multiplicative inverse in the cases of the fraction will be very easy to find and people simply need to flip the numerator and the denominator.
- The multiplicative inverse in the cases of the mixed fraction is also very easy and people simply need to convert the mixed fraction into a proper one so that other proceedings can be carried out very easily.
- The multiplicative inverse of the unit fraction is also very much easy to be calculated because in this case, the numerator will always be one.
- In the cases of the multiplicative inverse of the complex numbers, people need to consider both the numbers and find out the significant similarity between both of them.
- The radicals into the denominator will make the entire process very much complex and for this purpose, people need to indulge in rationalisation of the whole thing so that overall goals are easily achieved.
Hence, depending upon the platforms like Cuemath is the best way of having a good command over the concepts of additive inverse , multiplicative inverse and several other kinds of things easily which will allow the kids to score well.