Truckers and owners are the operators of the big one. They spend part of their work on the road, away from busy cities. So, away from the help and necessary things. You probably know and understand that unforeseen events often occur on the road: injuries, truck breakdowns, and poor conditions while having power-only loads, for example. And in these situations, it is essential to have a first aid kit in the truck.
Unfortunately, many people believe that having a phone with you is enough to decide everything on your own. But this is not the case, and your first aid kit should be equipped with everything necessary to stop bleeding and relieve pain, for example. As they say, it’s better to have than not to have. Such a first aid kit only takes up a little space but can save your life. We have prepared a complete list of what can be helpful in the first aid kit of the first ambulance.
What should you put in the first aid kit?
- Basic Essentials
You can buy a ready-made first aid kit at a pharmacy or a regular store or even from an online store like e-firstaidsupplies.com where all the necessary things (bandages, antiseptics, etc.) are included. This will save you from having to search for everything separately. We just warn you that you should monitor the expiration dates of all products so that the first aid kit is safe for you.
- Over-the-Counter Medications
This list includes painkillers, medications for colds and stomach problems, etc. We also advise you to stock up on prescription medications that you may need on the road. Check the expiration dates at least every six months so that in case of health problems you do not use an expired medicine.
A first aid kit should contain not only medications and bandages but also essential items that should be present in every car and truck. Ensure that you have a mobile phone, charging equipment, an emergency contact list, a waterproof flashlight, batteries, candles, a blanket, and sunscreen. All these items can help you if your truck breaks down, you get into an accident, or you are in a place that is difficult to leave. Or even you can help other people with these items. Most importantly, if you find yourself in a vehicular accident, make sure to speak to a qualified attorney for MVA legal consultation and assistance.
Storing a first aid kit in a truck should be convenient and accessible if necessary. Here are some recommendations:
- choose a good quality first aid kit that is specifically designed for use in trucks or cars;
- let the first aid kit be located where it can be easily and quickly reached, where it will not interfere with driving. Warning: do not place the stove in the cargo compartment, because it may not be available to you in emergency situations;
- the first aid kit should be in a dark and dry place;
- the first aid kit should be visible. Do not put it in a case that does not give hints of what is inside. Choose red first aid kits that reflect light. Thus, any outsider will quickly understand what it is;
- constantly check the contents and conduct an audit for expiration dates. because worse than the lack of a first aid kit is only expired medicines in it.