Are you planning to become a nurse health coach? This is a rewarding nursing career where you can provide optimal patient care and make a real, lasting difference in your clients’ lives. In addition to providing coaching and mentoring services, you will also be able to develop and implement lifestyle programs. This will allow you to share your knowledge and experience with others, and help them grow both personally and professionally.
Building strong relationships with patients and their families is another rewarding aspect of being a nurse coach. After becoming a nurse coach, you’ll be highly skilled at helping patients identify their goals and developing action plans to achieve them. You’ll also provide support and guidance as patients navigate through any challenges or barriers they face during their journey to optimal health.. Additionally, you may serve as an advocate for your patients, working to ensure that they receive the best possible care, and can become fully empowered to be an active participant in their wellness.
7-month nurse coaching program
If you’re looking to make a difference in the lives of others, The Nurse Coach Collective’s Transformative Nurse Coach Certificate Program will open many doors for you. The 7-month program is designed to help nurses develop the skills and knowledge necessary to become a world-class nurse health coach. It’s an entirely online program that provides a comprehensive overview of evidence-based coaching practices. You’ll work alongside an incredible community of forward-thinking nurses, and be guided by mentors and instructors who will inspire you every step of the way. You’ll experience extraordinary growth, both personally and professionally, all while having tons of fun.
Here are a few more things that you should know about The Nurse Coach Collective course:
- The American Holistic Nurses Association (AHNA) is recognized as the leading professional organization for holistic nurses. The AHNA approves this 120-hour Transformative Nurse Coach Certificate Program, thus underscoring the quality of the education provided by The Nurse Coach Collective.
- This certification program is ideal for registered nurses who want to learn how to coach patients and families to optimize their health and wellness. The program covers a variety of topics, including communication skills, lifestyle design, and whole-person wellness. You’ll learn about nutrition, exercise, stress reduction, mindfulness, rest, relationships, and creating a healthy environment. And it all starts with each nurse learning to prioritise your own health and wellbeing.
- Becoming a nurse health coach allows nurses to practice as nurse coaches in a variety of settings, including hospitals, clinics, wellness centers, integrative and functional medicine, insurance companies, and private practice.
- This course allows registered nurses to meet the American Holistic Nurses Credentialing Corporation (AHNCC ) requirements to sit for the National Nurse Coach Board Certification. The Nurse Coach Collective has trained more Nurse Coaches than any other program out there, and their graduates tout a 100% pass rate for the Nurse Coach Board Certification. The program includes coursework on topics, such as goal setting, action planning, values and motivation identification, working through barriers and resistance, and understanding the art and science of human change.
Three steps to becoming a nurse coach
Step 1 – When you begin the program, you’ll be immediately immersed in your didactic education alongside your peers. You’ll learn the foundations of what it means to be a nurse health coach and what’s possible in this role. During the 60 hours of your online education, you’ll learn about the Nurse Coaching process, how to support others through change, and take complete ownership of their wellbeing. All along the way, you’ll be integrating your learning into your own life as well.
Step 2 – Growth isn’t all about online modules and theory. It’s about putting your learning into practice right away. In this step, you’ll dive right into the hands-on learning during your 60-hour supervised coaching practicum. You’ll work with your peers, instructors, and private clients to ensure you’re building your skills and confidence, and always receiving feedback. This practice is essential so that you’ll be prepared to pass the Nurse Coach board exam on your first chance.
Step 3 – When you complete the the7-month course, you’re ready to become Board Certified. This program allows you to qualify for two AHNCC certifications: Board Certified Nurse Coach (NC-BC) and Board Certified Holistic Nurse (HN-BC)If you choose to take both exams, which many graduates do, you can also earn the title and credentials: Board Certified Health and Wellness Nurse Coach (HWNC-BC).
A word from the founders
The founders of The Nurse Coach Collective, Heather Lapides and Peter Giza, are Nurse Coaches themselves. They created this course – by nurses, for nurses – because they believe that most traditional nursing programs don’t teach nurses how to become an effective nurse health coach. Instead, they only teach conventional nursing methods – protocols, procedures, and an over-reliance on reactionary care That’s where the Transformative Nurse Coaching Program stands out as it offers both theoretical and practical knowledge to effectively coach patients on how to improve their health. There will be both online coursework and live video conference where registered nurses can learn how to make a real difference in the lives of their patients and rediscover their passion for nursing.
With an increasing focus on preventive care and holistic wellbeing, this coaching program is fast becoming an essential part of the healthcare industry. The best part is that any registered nurse can apply for this program and become a nurse coach in just 7 months.
Additional information about the program
- Things included in the course – The Nurse Coach Collective provides a comprehensive program for those interested in becoming nurse coaches. The program includes seven months of supervision learning and support, as well as 60 hours of supervised coaching practice. You will receive online modules, group video conferences, state-of-the-art learning platform, fun and engaging coursework, and stellar community
- Technical requirements – In order to participate in online classes, you will need access to the internet and a way to connect online (computer, laptop, tablet, etc). . This is important because some online classes involve downloading documents and participating in video calls. The Nurse Coach Collective partners with AHNA and AHNCC so that the nurses who take this program can become Board Certified. If you have plans to become a renowned nurse health coach, become a part of the Transformative Nurse Coach Certificate Program today.